Thursday, August 11, 2011

Say Goodbye to the Prize Box! {& a Freebie!}

Well here I am, 1 more day closer to having 23 kiddos streaming through my door! Augh!!! {that was a scream of panic} I'm really excited to meet my new firsties BUT I have soooo much to do yet!

 Does anyone else really dislike trying to keep up with the "Prize Box"? Well, I decided to say goodbye to that thing throw it in the trash can!!! I sometimes have lil extra incentives where the kids can earn lunch with the teacher or something similar & they LOVE it! So I've decided that I'm going to make up a whole binder full of prize passes, such as: No Homework, Wear a Hat, No Shoes, etc... I don't have it finished yet but, I did start on some of the passes. And OoOoOo, they are turning out so cute that I just had to take a little break & share my first one with you! Just click the pic!!!

Do you have any suggestions for incentives/prize passes??? I'd love to hear them-just leave me a lil comment! I'll be happy to make them up & post more freebies! Happy Thursday friends!

4 comments:

  1. I had the same mindset when I started this year! I was so tired of the kids taking FOR.EH.VER (Sandlot voice)to choose something out of the prize box. Well when I first started my own blog this is one of the first posts I did: http://frolickingthroughfirst.blogspot.com/search/label/class%20store

    It might give you a few ideas of your own!

    Amanda
    Frolicking Through First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the same thing this year :-) There was a post about a Good Beehavior Catalog and I am taking that idea and utilizing it in my classroom. This is where I saw the original idea http://firstgraderatlast.blogspot.com/
    and my post about it: http://primaryconnections-beth.blogspot.com/search/label/behavior

    Let me know what you think!
    Beth (Primary Connections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sit with a friend, have a stuffed animal sit with you, sit in the teacher's chair, pick your class job, use a pen for work, and lunch bunch. Hope this helps you!

    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for these great ideas! I remember seeing a post about this but could not remember where it was {you know how it is when your doing that late-night blogging!} :)

    ReplyDelete