Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Lil Word Family Book

I was hoping to finish up my classroom library today but OMiGoodness...when I walked into my classroom I realized that I was standing in water! Yep, thats right, my classroom was flooded and an entire shelf of books was ruined! (and 2 rugs & all my floor pillows.) I was so sad to see all of those books soaked. :(  So, needless to say, my classroom library is not finished.

On a brighter note...I did accomplish a little bit today. I got my little word family book done. I made this little booklet to go along with this Carson Dellosa Word Family set.
It would also be a super addition to my "Rhyme Time Word Family Fun!" unit. Check that out at my TpT or Teachers Notebook shops! I'm going to have my kiddos keep this little booklet in their writing folder. After we finish our whole group word family activity I'm going to have my firsties fill out the word family page that we are working on. I'm hoping that it will be a nice little added writing resource that they can refer to.  I'd love to hear about some of the "little things" that you guys do in your classrooms. If you would like a copy of "My Lil Word Family Book", just click HERE for your FREEBIE!





12 comments:

  1. Yikes! What a disappointment. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie, I love your positive spirit! You are an inspiration!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Christie! Your books are adorable. And I'm VERY sorry to hear about your library. Hopefully your school will help you replace your books.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great book! I love that Carson Dellosa set. So sorry to hear about your books. You are on our blog roll now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your classroom. What a bummer! You seem to have a positive attitude about it. I would be freaking out so I admire your calmness. Thanks for the Word Family Book. All of your things are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower! (found you via Pinterest) I'm looking forward to sharing ideas with you this year!! :) And hopefully find some cheap book deals to replace your wet ones. Borders is going out of business so check their website!

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!

    http://gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this freebie! Thank you so much for sharing! :o)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! I love it!

    I hope your school or parents will be able to help replace your books.

    candydishtreats.blogspot.com
    primaryprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I will definitely use this one! I already have the word family bulletin board set!
    Tonia in Redlands,Ca

    ReplyDelete