Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Trash-to-Treasure For My Classroom!

Happy Tuesday y'all! Just wanted to share this cute little Trash-to-Treasure project with you...


I wanted to get rid of my big chair that i sit in during our whole group time on the rug...BUT still needed something to sit on. Well.... this little gem was hiding in my basement! I know...ewwww!!! That should just stay in the basement right!?! BUT...what if I threw a little paint & new material on it???...
 


I removed the cushion & gave those legs a little color...
 


As you can see in the pic, those old-fashioned wires/springs were lookin' pretty saggy. I tried putting a new cushion directly on top of them but... yep! you guessed it-my bootie nearly sunk down to the floor (not the greatest position to be in while trying to manage 20 kinders!) So I cut a piece of plywood to fit the top & attached my cushion to that.
 


AND I had to add a little extra bling to my stool... oh yeah! FRINGE!!! (I just attached it with hot glue.)
 


Finally, I secured the cushion with 4 screws from the bottom & TA-DA!!! My new stool is ready! And of course my pups had to give their approval also!

 





I'm super excited with this little project & really love how it turned out. Now on to my next project...


No comments:

Post a Comment